also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Wednesday, June 15, 2022

collective boredom


the upside of collective boredom

becomes a personal emotional driver,

as an audience enthusiast of a sort.

something of external consequence

to initially putting my vague attention on.

plan to make it more than it originally is,

as to personalize my time investment,

as in like tailgating before football games,

as my signage made for any sporting event,

asm my clothing apparel of identity,

for almost anywhere,

and betting lines to looked up.

I am almost totally enrolled 

in sporting events, 

as a substitute 

from this onset of boredom.

for it to be cause-worthy,

is to champion, 

as if to identity with.

it is the act out 

of a far less meaningful act out.

it is subcultures 

at their weekend or evening's finest,

the whimsy of an attention span,

as almost a cherish-able way of life.

it's not like care about the planet or politics.

but it is a form of caring.

there is always an emotional investment,

even if it leads to 

an eventual foregone conclusion.

the rise and the fall,

are the win and the loose.

I would even commit memory to this,

as a personal event in my life.

sport-age has carry as affect.

in some ways, it gives me a sense of community,

common shared interests,

and activity that we all participate in.

it's time away from blatant and obvious boredom.

I could make this a way of life.

sort of rewards for efforts made.

I suppose in the beginning I was just audience,

a spectator, but eventually I found my way.

it's with eventual meaningful others and we share.

more of a community 

at a scale I can render.

in some ways,

there is us and then the rest of the world.

it keeps me from boredom straight away.

it fills in a void, 

for causes I can relate to.

it's worth the expense it costs in money.

and its a level of friendship 

that is very much needed. 

it's not so much a social calendar

but friends and apparently common interests.

hey, boredom may essential be back there,

but I can almost keep it at bay.

and I have appraisals, approval,

and stay afloat, 

in a reality I can afford . . . 






No comments:

Post a Comment