also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, March 24, 2022

visionation


what I see, as vision provides,

are only handrails or beckoning, 

as cane usage,

for my here-to-there video, unfolding.

most of the surround goes about its business,

without any effort 

at staging itself for my benefit.

it could view itself as passive interactional,

if it had any use for my existence in its life.

generally all of the active surround works around me.

everything with free movement makes it way.

I, to them, am just a slower creature or a hazard,

yet they for me, provided a sightedness,

that is a depth of invitation,

an act-out of the here to there,

a sense of animation,

in which I become a participant,

a willing participant, ongoing.

sure, I only show gratitude by continuance,

as if this animation was our all-collective dance,

a way as a means, 

that I have a life of experience,

a narrative that fills with their presence,

even if I come to claim otherwise.

maybe there is a sense greater than sight,

yet I am reduced to sight as the directive.

surely if I was blind, 

I would have a sense of space and its occupancy,

a call to action, 

as movement also,

but with a keener acuity of presence,

as my carriage, 

as my means.

I am not elated with my relationship with space.

but I don't know how to speak it otherwise.

I have my me, there is this space,

and so we move through or around each other.

I am attracted to specifics of occupancy,

to either interact or avoid.

but they, in their own right, are also there.

we dance as mass to mass.

I don't know many of them more intimately than that,

but I am still inwardly moved by their presence,

some more evocatively than others,

but still genuinely,

by impressed and by imposed.

hard to marvel when driven by internal directives.

they steal from my nuance awareness in passage.

by when these times arise,

I am grateful and pleased

by the dignity in which life presents in passage,

solids, massives, ever-changings, colorific displays,

angulars, motion definers, 

just as the buzz on movement generated. 

it all plays and I am in receivership,

blessedly called and driven to participate.

here where vision is more than sight

and beyond what is seeing,

the buzz beyond what experience sensorially generates

is yet present and profound.

it is in all things 

that fill the self 

and the surround . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment