also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Thursday, August 20, 2020

not know but be


I keep not knowing who I am.

recognition is a slippery slope.

it's selfies without technology.

it's a broken bottle on the bow of doubt.

it's photos taken for memories sake

as if this imprint has any lasting value.

flow doesn't demand instantaneous justification.

every time I freeze frame,

I am subject to not knowing,

like I just awoke from a longtime slumber

into a body and identity to be accounted for.

my reality is somnambulism or fantasy beyond

and then there is the ritual of recognition,

as a set of cursory rules recited to myself.

a quick check on being for appearance's sake.

what does knowing who I am do for me?

it's not a recital or an authentic account.

at best it's a projection skill,

a spontaneous screen test

without mirror feedback.

I just can't keep relying on the past

to justify my going forward.

how did apprehension get such an upper hand?

I should be glad not to be self custodial.

my life should be a free-fall

of what's coming forth.

I should be celebrating what comes thru.

I am life without an I.D. to caretake. 

I don't want recognition as laid to rest.

I want to be the cutting edge of my now,

not that I ordered from the menu of me.

self-apprehension has a false god.

I want the religion of the unexpected expressed.

I want expectation's choir to quietly hum to themselves.

I want my actions juiced with the gift of living.

I want the courtesy of meaning,

not the dictum of it as override.

I want to imagine my life without spare parts,

animation as the wardrobe of presence,

and being as the sounding-board, 

that others feel permitted to respond,

from where they are the essence of themselves,

coming thru.

our consciousness is to sing, 

not mumble.

I really don't want to know

as much as I want to be . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment