also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Friday, August 7, 2020

in love with the future

I am in love with the future 

that passes as now.

it's a bullet-train passing before me, 

away.

it's where it's been 

already removed from good-standing.

where the future is staring me down

by looking away,

with as much indifference as I could have,

to what I don't know.

recognition is so amoral in that way.

it has rules to govern 

that I cannot comprehend.

I have no free-pass 

from a here to a there.

I just have the nag of experience 

to work with.

that's why,

I am in love with the future 

that passes as now.

sure it's lies and falsehoods 

dressed up as truth to me.

but I know that already.

I know the partialities that fabric as my life.

but now doesn't hold me in that light.

now is always inviting,

even though I am humbly inept. 

and the future is ever invitational,

at least as a made-up concept of mine.

it's all a free-fall,

for the nature of my rational approach.

I just have baggage 

that I seem to depend upon

that I can't do without.

thus, I just love the future,

as if I have travel plans.

I have a place within me

that I can't formally know.

and it is there 

that this love lives.

now is intimate with me there.

and the future is this private joke 

we share,

about our life together.

and no one else is the wiser . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment