also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, March 19, 2024

wonder is to wander

 


I wear earrings

as if sounds I can't hear.

I smile broadly

as if I am unaware of what is said

behind my back.

I look to the sky

as if philosophy actually exists 

out there.

I catch phrases spoken

as if there is a sport

to all of this.

I wonder willfully 

as if it's a form of freefall.

my day is played

like an endless bingo game.

events are called off

and I see if I have interest

or a sense of calling.

fashion to me 

starts with the feel 

of another person's aura.

otherwise, there are trees and fire hydrants,

lots of parked cars,

passing as people

and travel features next thoughts.

for me, delight is kind of like

aromas in passing,

first the smell, 

then the immerse,

then the storyline

for cognitive consumption.

some parts of me travel very fast

while other parts linger and pause,

yet I'm like a single person, 

somewhat occupied.

it seems everyone is their own headset

and the melodies they listen to

are amazingly varied.

if I get to listen in,

I am startled 

as to what I hear

as another person's self-play list,

not so much the lyrics

but the melodies 

in their internal environments. 

what they are played in, is wondrous.

in each of us,

varied from box canyon,

to placid lake,

to thick forest of evergreens,

to junkyard acoustics,

and more.

what are symphonies to cacophonies, 

rarely perfect pitch wanders by,

but tone-deaf gets lots of regular play.

I feel the need to write with an eraser,

on a really dusty mind-board,

as if forgetting 

is the optimum of learning

and wisdom is only this moment of life . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment