also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Sunday, July 2, 2023

sleep companion


there is this companion, 

that I am to myself,

for when I attempt to sleep on my right side,

this is not towards the land of slumber,

but more so, to the opening of a dialogue.

as a self-intimacy takes up of voice of its own.

and I, as a companion, am in response.

incomplete sentences suffice.

the dialogue entertains nuance as evolved topics.

understanding seems to be a presence that rides along,

but feel is the essence 

of the embrace in this dialogue.

we, that is the two of us,

becoming the light of the campfire unfolding.

is where sight becomes an emotional sense of seeing

and self becomes comforted 

with this feel on the rise.

right-sided slumber is code for this,

that I turn to, 

to turn into, 

to recognize.

where sleep was the stated goal

yet dreams aside,

this restive transforms itself 

more deeply into surmise,

as if to refine awakeness,

is a deeper essence of sleep enterprise . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment