also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, May 2, 2023

frailty knocks


frailty has seemingly unclear standalone surfaces. 

yet subtleties are there ever exposing themselves.

therefore, what can be noticed, 

can't be taken as a sign of weakness.

it's more like,

I expected an image done in oils or acrylics,

but instead, it appears to be done in watercolors.

instead of the hard pose presenting,

there are delicacies almost blood-letting aftereffects.

there is an invitation to intimacies of the past,

yet somehow present in this moment but restrained.

maybe dated by age and weathered, by just existence.

it could be seen as frail to the point of delicate.

but as visual stories go,

one is compelled to read between the lines,

from the hard-pressed to the faint.

all with attention, eventually to the overall.

why have eyes if they never develop the feel for it?

simply sighting is like playing the bingo of recognition.

this is more of an invitation into revelation's glory,

the use of self skills to embrace and immerse,

rose petals on the ground, 

that need to be smelled with the eyes for their glory.

so this viewing walks me through all of this,

as if I occupy my body through my senses.

and they take me to a beyond,

where feelings live fully rich and blessedly expressed.

so if frailty ever knocks on my sensory door,

I would fully invite that into my world.

teachers come to me in various ways.

and this is one of the blessed entries,

that I learn the deepest from within . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment