also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Monday, September 23, 2019

what does my skin color mean? 9/23/19


does my skin color determine 
my box of crayon-colors in value?
am I victimized by my grip 
or which hand usage?
or where it comes to pass
that I color madly between the lines?
who’s book is this 
or who booked me?
I didn’t agree to this coloring 
as a learning process.
prejudice seems so grossly simplistic
yet mysteriously disguised as such.
as a very small child,
I guess I had dreams with crayons in my hands.
empty graphics were the page permission lead
or maybe more the bait.
skin as a tag is reductionistically too simple.
is this what measure of dumb can be like.
grip of the mind,
too simplistically measured by the coloring.
is this what prejudice can’t say
because of the ink color implied
or that the wax stick used is made of fear?
rhetoric sells the books 
and if hyperbole is an anthem,
I do not want to sing with my hands,
any gloss across the page of my opinions.
I do not need further contact 
with stereo-typical images upon me.
I want face to face for the feel of my coloring.
no more, with the between the lines.
all of my crayons are now about conversing.
every grip is now an embrace.
then we will see what color creates 
without any pages of propaganda or intercession.

No comments:

Post a Comment