also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Saturday, January 10, 2015

Talking Is An Accident 1/10/15


Talking is an accident.
I cut myself a lot.     
Seem to bump into speech,
all the time!
Luckily, people don't perceive me
as accident-prone.
I, just sometimes, am a bundle of energy
and there I go again.
It spills into thoughts.
You know how that goes,    
a little inner conversation and boom,    
you hear your mouth go off. 
It's like an accident.    
What can I say?
And then, by some strange fate,    
I'm responsible.
As if by what I said, it broke.
You said this.    
Then you said this, and so on,
as if speech were cast in stone!
Sure, I said things,
but they were part of the moment, then,                                           
part of a collage of living, then.
I often think of speech    
as a momentary response    
to the unevenness of life,
like the casual use of arms
for body balance.
So here I am,
on a printed page.
And, I can't explain these blood stains . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment