also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, August 7, 2012

holiday 8/7/12

Every once in a while

a holiday walks up

and asks me for a quarter,

some loose change,

a portion of my time,

you know,

some of the action,

like it wants a piece of me!

An event gets a life of its own

and wants my dedication.

Pretty soon any behavior

going towards ritual is suspect.

This holiday says to me,

"If you gather in my name

it's gonna cost yah"!

If this keeps up,

I won't have a life.

I'll be too busy

festively acting out.

I'll be too obliged

or too guilty

and far too far in debt.

What happened here?

I now have a celebratory smirk.

So I say to the holiday,

“I'm cynical about you.”

Why you show me

a public gathering

and I'll find you a shill.

And if I find that shill,

I'll know the holiday mooch

it works for . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment