also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Senses on holiday * 6/26/12

I gave my senses a holiday.

Thus wandered around senselessly,

with feelings that have feelers,

not fingers.

Emotive, on its own,

is roughly a 4-paw harmony.

Sight without focus or frame.

Light was bleeding

from everywhere a forest.

Specifically nowhere to go

yet taken up by sudden exposures.

Gravity had a logic that drooled

and I had this bib on

but I couldn’t comprehend.

Worked with my sense of person,

shuffling a card house

of solitaire self clips

to no avail.

All these many givens,

posing as standup comedians,

do come with a slip of a tongue

and then bygones.

It seems like I am imprisoned

on a float in a slow moving parade,

where I am in a facial stockade

of a permanent paint on smile

and colorful jellybeans

keep popping out of my ass

to the spontaneous delight

of everyone I seem to know

yet as audience in passing.

Couldn’t put 2 and 2.

There was once,

from time to time,

a saliva from thought

as if a muffled pang of hunger

was vaguely overheard,

but then unconsciously swallowed

now lost again into muffledom.

I am a soloist in a choir

incessantly singing

“ninety-nine bottle of beer

on the wall”,

and I can’t remember my cue.

I seem to be holding up menus

I can’t, for the life of me, read

and ordering things

I can’t pronounce

from people who assuringly nod

while confusingly shrug.

This crowded elevator is moving

so pathetically slow,

but I can’t bring myself to ask,

are we going up or down?

Any suggestions,

other then sanity overload,

please come to the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment