also for viewing

check out my video haikus
and slideshow videos on youtube at "junahsowojayboda"


Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Genuine intentions

With genuine intentions,

something flashes

across the video screen

of my brain.

It is duly noted

in a conscious way

but then

where does the action come from?

What inner players

that never get on that screen

yet ban together

in some unified effort from within

and make for action to occur?

Who takes the message

heard within

and translates it into an intention

as some imposing directive

and then does something,

by means of action, about it?

Surely every passing thought

is stopped at the censor gate,

questioned about credentials,

further queried about purpose,

explored for possible consequences

debated as necessary

yet some thoughts

are summoned

deep into further audience!

They circulate

amongst the common knowledge

to a gathering point

and then some,

only to reappear,

sort of, out of a dressing room

as a full fledged intention

as if a core

of previously invisible internal troops

now link their efforts together

and there is action!

The whole body now gets involved

and there is also physical movement

to serve this cause.

What happened here?

It was just known

as the conveyor belt

of passing thoughts.

I was somewhat vacantly staring off

into the oncoming thoughts

and somewhere within

a silent majority

of unidentified parts

approved this as intention!

And then,

sort of behind my back,

organized a collective effort

that, to me, looks and functions

like an intention,

a genuine intention!

I feel like

I am somewhat being

taken along for the ride.

At least, as of now,

my curiosity is sort of like

a news correspondent

out on a mission,

informing me

about whatever that action

turns out to be.

I feel qualified

to be the experience of this

but who in me

is calling the shots?

I recognize genuine

when I see it,

but who inside of me

is making all of this so?

Sure, I will always defend

my, quote, “genuine intentions”.

But really,

how does that actually work

and what in me

is making it so?

No comments:

Post a Comment